- Policy Development- working with government departments and agencies to promote vocational training and employment for people with disabilities.
- Staff Training and Development - NIUSE provides a variety of Training course from ½ day to 2 day courses on a range of specialist or generic issues.
- Information and Library Service - NIUSE circulates information to members on a regular basis as well as providing an opportunity for members to circulate information to other Supported Employment Agencies.
- Development Work - A key focus of NIUSE’s work is to promote and develop the Supported Employment model in N. Ireland. NIUSE achieves this by working with organisations, which are at different stages of developing Supported Employment projects by providing technical support and advice.
- Conferences/Seminars/Workshops – NIUSE organises an Annual Conference each year and a number of seminars and workshops.
- Networking – NIUSE has developed links with vocational training and employment organisations from the voluntary and statutory sector and similar umbrella organisations on a local, national and international level.
- Local Branches – NIUSE has established 4 local branches North West, Causeway, Belfast and Southern. These provide an opportunity for practitioners to met exchange information and provide support for each other.
- Membership Services – NIUSE has three types of membership Cooperate, Individual and affiliated.
NIUSE is unique in that it is a pan-disability organisation with a Northern Ireland wide remit, promoting and developing Supported Employment.