Home and Away
“Home & Away” was the title of a project funded under the Peace II Programme Measure 4.1 Outward & Forward Looking and was administered by the Office of the First Minister & Deputy First Minister. This project sought to develop the participation of NIUSE in the wider European Union of Supported Employment and to develop links with Eastern European countries to promote Supported Employment models in these countries. Therefore the aim of this project was threefold:
- To maintain and develop the local/regional Supported Employment Networks in Northern Ireland through providing funding to maintain NIUSE. NIUSE has developed a wide range of services and resources and has established a strong and vocal network of Supported Employment.
- To develop NIUSE participation / involvement in the European Union of Supported Employment (EUSE). The EUSE is an organisation, which was established to promote the Supported Employment model through the exchange of information and knowledge of Good Practice. EUSE also provides a platform for its members to network with other National Associations at European and worldwide level. EUSE has presently 15 members representing EU member states. NIUSE has played an instrumental role in its development but through this project could have a more active role.
- To develop links with Eastern European Countries to promote and develop Supported Employment and provide support, expert knowledge, expertise and technical assistance and advice to Eastern European Countries in developing Supported Employment practices.
This was achieved through:
- Information Exchange and Dissemination
- Development of Quality Standards at all levels
- Promoting models of Good Practice in Supported Employment
- Conferences, Seminars and Workshops
- Staff Training and Development
- Participation in EUSE Board Meetings
- Transnational Study and Exchange Visits
- Campaigning and Lobbying
- Development of NIUSE Website
FUNDING PERIOD – Jan 2004 – Dec 2006 (3 years)